Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Saturday, October 11, 2014
All you need to know about me is that this is the back cover to my horror zine that is a not-at-all-subtle analogy for sexual predators and women’s issues.
Snartha seemed to think that just because she didn’t tell me when her birthday was that she’d avoid my love. She can never avoid it; it can only merely be late.
p.s. I almost drew your OT3 but I didn’t feel like drawing that many robots or a muppet.
Friday, October 10, 2014
grackles are such fancy asshole birds, I love them
photo sources (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)
I LOVE GRACKLES. THEY’RE LIKE DANDY CROWS, BUT TOTAL DICKS WHO ALSO SOUND LIKE TROPICAL BIRDS.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Vague attempts at Inktober with a dead flower study….
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Eyyy, it’s a page! *jazz hands* As normal, you can click though to visit the main site or just view from here!
In other news, the cold I had last week turned into a throat infection/strep and I spent the entire week sleeping/recovering! As you can imagine that sucked a whole lot, especially since last week was supposed to be my get shit done week as I had 4 days off from work. Sadly nothing got done which has put me in a bad place seeing as how Canzine is in less than a month and I’ve also got a portfolio to prepare for Seneca (I’m applying to their Independent Illustration program). So as much as I hate to do this, I have to put Android back on hiatus until I can get my pile of art/comics under control. Hopefully I’ll be posting again by the end of the month. Thanks for understanding guys, and I’ll see you again soon!
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Canzine Toronto is less than a month away! AND I’LL BE THERE. WITH PRINTS AND A NEW HORROR ZINE CALLED 11:59. Wow, you should totally be there!
When: Saturday November 1st 1-7! (If you can’t come because you’re hung over from Halloween drinking, I’ll forgive you. ‘Tis a noble reason.)
Where: 918 Bathurst just north of Bloor st. and Bathurst subway station.
Come by and say “hi” if nothing else! There’ll be a lot of cool people there and it’s just fun to check out; I’ve met some pretty cool people there in the past! If you can’t make it and you’re all like, “man I like Jess’s comics; I want a copy of this 10 page horror zine for myself”, well don’t worry! I’ll have a digital copy of it for sale online after November 1st!
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
A masterpiece of cinema. Metropolis (2001). Directed by Rintaro who co-founded Madhouse. Based off of legendary Osamu Tezuka’s manga of the same name. Creator of Black Jack and Astro Boy. Based the manga off of the 1927 German silent film Metropolis.
The more you know.
I feel genuine sorrow for anyone who is a fan of anime who hasn’t sat down to watch this brilliant piece of cinema. The animation is brilliant, the story is heart breaking, the characters are memorable and if you’re like me you will most probably cry at some point during the story or at least feel greatly moved by the plight of both robots and humans within the story.
I came up with some webcomic award categories, feel free to add more
- Laziest Method for Painting Trees
- Most Transparent Author Fetish
- Names Most Obviously Lifted From a Past RP
- Most Frequent Rainfall Depicted in One Setting
- Highest Potential for Incest Slash Fiction
- The Mrs. Robinson Award for Sexualization of Senior Citizens
- Most Creative Use of Expletives
- Highest Number of Pages Clearly Made While Intoxicated
- Highest Number of Extras Crammed Into One Panel
- Best Candidate for the Omegaverse
- The Aaron Diaz Award for Adamant Denial of Objectified Female Characters
- The Ryan Sohmer Award for Most Intolerable Protagonist
- Best Artistic Rendering of Dredlocks
- Most Phoned-in Costume Design Choices
- Least Phoned-In Costume Design Choices
- Best Canon Explanation for Elves
- Most Obstinately Written For The Satisfaction Of The Writer And The Writer Alone
- Best Retrospective Justification of Ethically Unsound Writing Decisions Made As A Teen
- Most Obviously From A Storyboarding Background
- Nicest Try, I Guess
- Most Exquisitely Rendered Noses
- Most Ponderous Worldbuilding
- Most Improvement on Existing Anime Tropes
- Least Racially Sensitive Steampunk Setting
- Best Webcomic Made Entirely to Spite Another Human Being